Renewing the Gift
The Plan to renew the oldest guest rooms at St. Francis Retreat.
When the retreat property was purchased in 1947 the first concerted fundraising effort was for the creation of a wing of guest rooms. That wing is now called St. Francis Court.
Those initial rooms were built in 1951, 57 years ago by a volunteer contractor and volunteer workers from St. Timothy’s Parish in San Mateo. It was a significant gift to the retreat house and men’s retreat movement at that time.
Those rooms are showing their age and need more than a simple facelift.
The bathrooms are extremely small, only 5’x5′ with a tiny shower included! The beds need to be replaced the carpet is dead. This first gift needs to be renewed, and we will need your help.
Ancient electric coil room heaters.
View into the cramped, existing bathroom. The toilet is hidden.
Here is the Plan
- Expand the 5’x5′ bathroom to 5’x8′ with larger shower, a sink with vanity and low flow toilet
- Replace the windows and doors
- Upgrade to grounded electrical service
- Replace the ancient electric-coil heaters with economical baseboard heating units
- Update the desk and lighting
- Add a ceiling fan for those warm nights
- Install new carpet and window treatments
- Replace the beds, pillows and bedding
View of bathroom from Shower – Concept Drawing
How Can I Help?
As an individual, consider sponsoring the cost of one room in memory of someone dear to you.
As an organization, consider sponsoring a room in honor of the organization or events you have held here.
The cost for remodeling one regular room is: $33,000
Or consider sponsoring part of a room:
- Bathroom remodel – $23,000
- Door, electrical – $4,000
- Room Furnishings – $3,000
- New Windows – $2,000
- Carpet – $1,000
Those choosing to sponsor a room will have a plaque posted on the door
honoring the donor and the donor’s intention.
*Please call 831-623-4234 for more information on room sponsorship*
View of Guestroom Remodel – Concept Drawing
Make a Donation Today
Donations can also be made through a secure online service (eTapestry), please click the button, to make your donation.
For large donations or room sponsorships, please contact us at 831-623-4234 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.