Story of Fire and Recovery

Ranch House as it appeared in 2000
Flint-Bixby Ranch house built in 1863, modernized in the 1920’s, and purchased by the Franciscans in 1947
Ranch House and surrounding foliage
Fire starts in dormer, June 23, 2006, early in the morning
Ranch House fully engulfed by 11:00AM
100 firefighters came in from the surrounding areas
Statue of Mary survived the fire, only to be stolen later
Construction begins in early 2008
Building getting ready for stucco, Summer 2008
SBuilding completed October, 2009
New Dining Room with radiant heat and passive solar design
Aerial photo of main facilities taken in 2013